Let the Training Begin!

Hi all! My name is Tara Schaufler and I’m the senior information security training and outreach specialist in the Information Security Office. I’ve been at the University for 13 years, joining the ISO staff last fall and have been tasked with increasing security awareness across our campus.
Currently, we are offering monthly information security training sessions on a variety of topics. Visit our Events page on our website for class descriptions and dates. For example, this month we presented “Creating Strong Passwords,” where we shared password and passphrase recipes, as well as a number of tips, tricks, and tools for managing passwords. Some feedback received included: “I didn’t realize there was so much to know about creating and managing passwords!” and “Thanks for the interesting and useful information.” And after the classes, the comments kept on coming and for that we thank you. It’s incredibly helpful to hear from our campus community. This helps us deliver training that is relevant and hopefully worthwhile! That being said, please do not hesitate to contact us. We can be reached at infosec@princeton.edu or you can email me directly at tschaufl@princeton.edu. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you at our next training session. – Tara